Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Hidden, growling #leopard puzzle solved :)

4 days ago I posted a small story about an adult leopard that gave me a few warning growls in the jungle, not far from the leopard transit area. Today I caught up with Daman, a government game scout helping me, he'd just arrived back after his wife had given birth to a baby boy. Daman told me that just before he left he rescued a chital (spotted deer) which had been attacked by dogs. He knew it wouldn't survive so put it in a holding pen with the idea the corpse would be fed to the leopard Dipnani. But an adult leopard, probably the Boss, arrived on the scene and took the chital. The leopard took the kill past Dipnani's area in thick jungle, I must have arrived on the scene several hours after... and well, that's when that story began.
Daman and I had a good laugh about the whole thing, yet another leopard episode in our world here of coexistence. I've got a million leopard stories, some of them crazy, some of them tragic, this one at least had no serious issues, even if I was a little wary of a hidden, growling leopard feeding about 50 metres away from where I worked :)

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...