Saturday, September 3, 2016

CO-EXISTENCE STRATEGY - Action rather than words...


About to see a couple of good people to further develop a leopard deterrent, something that can be worn by villagers at high risk times in high risk areas.  I've had to catch up on a lot of book work stuff this morning but in one of my journals I came across a quote from someone I respect a lot and is going to get a strong mention in my book, he said:
"The woman who bakes cakes, sells them and gives the money to real wildlife protection agencies is a far more effective conservationist than the scientist who spends his (or her of course!) whole time producing little read scientific journals in the name of 'research' ...in short, we live in a world of too many 'finder outers' and not enough doers".

Amen to that...

These posts are also at Facebook (along with other updates) if you wish to comment...

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...