Wednesday, January 14, 2015

More help from leopard supporters, Kung Fu Sharma and a call out to Australian travelers to Nepal...


It's just after midnight and I'm making final preparations for the journey starting in a few hours into Asa's territory.  I hadn't intended to post but such has been the level of support I really feel the need.  The "Tale of the Boots" continues and the lovely Italian Donatella Piras has taken the situation in her hands and is not only gifting the boots to the project but is arranging everything with the Aku factory in Italy.  This is another example of the help and belief in the project from different people across the globe, just fantastic.  You will all be going to Leopard Heaven as well as being mentioned in the bloody book.  Thank you.  With the terrain I have to negotiate solo, (Asa can only interact with me if I am alone) these boots are vital and Donatella's help in this situation is invaluable.  She is one of several people I am currently preparing exclusive images for through www.mountaintiger.photography and more images including the one shown here have just been posted.

On the local front another passionate leopard supporter Bidhya Sharma is a huge help.  Bidhya is a budding wildlife biologist who has been assisting in many ways.  Bidhya is also a face of the future of the Leopard Rewilding Program... and is also fully aware of the need for martial arts training!  Quick reactions are needed when dealing with leopards as well as a cool, calm attitude which is exactly what Bidhya showed in her contacts with Asa in the early days of the project.

Bidhya also came to the rescue recently by getting a camera body to me on loan when I had yet another piece of equipment come second to the conditions here.  I now have a camera waiting for me in Australia thanks to help from my brother.  I need to get it here and having had so much stuff go missing in transit over the years I'm appealing to any Aussies coming to Nepal soon.  Contact me on Facebook or jk@wildtiger.org

I'm hoping my size 48+ boots don't go missing on their way from Italy but such has been the great nature of the support maybe that vibe will mean safe passage.

A big thank you from me as well as young leopard and all that he represents in this project.  Cheers Jack.

Now blogging at wildleopard.net - thanks for your support!

Many thanks to those who have been following this blog as well as prior to that The Asa Diaries and TigerTrek.  I'm now blogging a...